Total Pageviews

Vettaikaran Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee Padagotti

03 March 2007

Anecdote of a Pilgrim


Today I and my brother went to MGR Memorial House, to give the list of MGR related Website to Mr.MGR Muthu, but he was busy, I have to wait in the mean time, I went and looked around which showcased Gifts, Honours, Medals, Letters received by MGR in his Film and Political career. (Visiting Hours was 10 am to 5 pm)

I looked at his Watch with Steel Strap, how big it is, with some visible scratches, riveted edges. The most coveted award given to Indian Citizen the Bharat Ratna Award and Lion Raja. A family also came to view, when they came to the Photo section in the House, there was a photo of M.R.Radha, (who tried to kill MGR in 1967) there a man said, this is the ****** who shot MGR, if he didn’t done that to MGR, he might have lived another 10 years, ******** he ruined MGR's life. (**** are bad words)



I went in search of MGR photos in Royapettah. And came back by 5.30 pm, and I was allowed inside (special permission) to meet Mr.MGR Muthu and the Manager Mr.Shanmuga Sundaram. They greeted me, and I handed over the list and asked about the rare photos of MGR and he gave the address to me.

The sword and sceptre he used in the movie "Nadodi Mannan" and the Plaster with MGR's blood in it persist in my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dude is correct.
We can clearly see the difference in the physique/build of MGR in the movies released before and after the shootout happened. We can see a muscular and energetic MGR in movies till Anbe Vaa etc and suddenly MGR looks weak and old in movies released after 1968.
It's natural that long recuperation would've affected his health. No one could also deny that such bullet injuries permanently affect the health accelerating other ailments.
Do you know from when MGR got afflicted with Diabetes?

Roop said...

Thanks for the comment, I dont know when MGR got diabetes, I think It should be after 1975? not sure, if you know please tell me. I know that he was having cataract problem while acting in Ulagam Sutrum Valiban.

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Popular Posts