Total Pageviews

Vettaikaran Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee Padagotti

31 October 2006

Down Memory Lane




North East Monsoon has started, and heavy rain is lashing the City. I saw School children half drenched returning home. Government declared holiday to Schools lately. My thoughts went down memory lane, when I was in High School and when MGR was the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.

I studied in Government School, whenever there was drizzle I tune to Radio to hear that Government declaring holiday. That happy moment happened always. MGR albeit had 3 years of formal education know the difficulties of School going Children.

In his tenure whenever rain lashes the City, I can expect a Newsreader spelling out these familiar line "Schools and College will be closed due to Rain ". Sometime the weather changes, but I enjoyed the period as a School boy.

People in my age group will ever cherish the experience. We as students never suffered any hindrances. Thanks to MGR an exemplar, the Legend with Human touch.

No comments:

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Popular Posts